Monday, August 2, 2010

Love is in the air!

There was definitely a lot of love in the air this weekend (not that we could really feel it, being 106 degrees out! TX weather kills me...)! One of my best friends had her engagement ceremony Saturday afternoon and another friend took the marital plunge Saturday evening! Talk about wedding season!

In Vietnamese tradition, when a couple gets engaged, a ceremony is held, usually at the bride-to-be's house, where the groom-to-be and his family come over bearing gifts (like a whole pig on a platter) and asks for her hand in marriage... it's also so the couples' parents/family can meet before the wedding.

The beautiful bride-to-be and I... friends since high school!

Girlfriends!

The best full length picture to show my outfit. (Me and her worked at a cute consignment boutique together at 16 and were great friends ever since!)

Andddd the close up of the face and necklace.. It's hard to look your best in 106 degree weather. Just FYI.

BCBG Max Azria maxi dress, Charlotte Russe gold bangle, F21 gold floral necklace, gold sandals from Burlington Coat Factory... also paired with the lovely.... wait for it......

Louis Vuitton Vernis Roxbury Drive in Noisette.(Click on image for detail and zoom... Do it. You'll love it.)
She's just one of my very loved children. You'll meet more along the way. ;)

Later that day, my boyfriend and I headed down south for an old friend of mine's wedding. Another thing about Vietnamese tradition... when you get married... you have a big ass wedding, inviting everyone you've ever known in your life. It's quite nice to see and catch up with people you haven't seen in years. And everyone already knows everyone so it's kind of nice and comfortable. Seeing old friends always brings back good times.

One of my girlfriends and I at our other girlfriend's wedding.. Love this bia! Friends since before cell phones and Facebook!
One of my other girlfriends (we go wayyyyy back).. she is so little so she always makes me look like a giant!
H&M tube dress (love the nude tones!), Ann Taylor skinny black belt, F21 black faux snake skin clutch, and Steve Madden faux snake skin pumps (pictured below).

I bought these absolutely gorgeous Steve Madden pumps at Ross for only like $20. What a steal!

Hmmm... Just now thought of it. It's a shame I didn't get any pics of/with the lovely married couple! Oopsies, I need to be a better camwhore!

:) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment