Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fassion for a Passion!

This weekend, I volunteered at the 2nd annual Fashion for a Passion event held by Against the Grain Productions, a Dallas based non-profit organization that creates awareness and raises funds for Asian orphanages. :)

I volunteered both this year and last. It was an amazing event... definitely takes a lot to throw such a successful event like this one. It was held at LandCo/7 senses in downtown Dallas. I gotta say, PERFECT venue for this event. All the cool furniture, light fixtures, antiques, etc. really gives it something special.

Backstage: where all the crazy stuff happens! (Photo by Quoc Cong Qc)

I wasn't able to catch most of the actual show because I was too busy in the back doing stuff, but I got to help dress the models and work with the designers so I saw it all from backstage... which was even more amazing (IMO) because you get whole different view of everyone and everything.

Here are a few pieces that really I really personally loved (Photos by Quoc Cong Qc):

Designer: Sumie Tachibana
I feel honored to have worked with Sumie; all of her stuff was so intricately made and unique. She flew in from NY and she is awesome!

Designer: Nha-Khanh


I met Khanh at FFAP last year and she never ceases to amaze me. Her work is featured all over fashion press in Dallas (probably some national, too!). I love her: as a designer and as a person! I can't wait to see her new collection at the debut party for her line this fall!

Designer: Ann Hoang

Ann Hoang didn't showcase a collection at FFAP but she had two of her items up for live auction. They both were fab!

Designer: Chloe Dao

Chloe Dao was the winner of Project Runway (2nd season). It really was an honor working with her! Her and her assistant are both so down-to-earth and a pleasure to work with! They're also really fun and great dancers! Lol ;)

There were other designers that also have really good pieces like: Prashe Shah (Prashe), Nikki Duong Koenig (Cykochik Custom Handbags), Cac Lam (2FeMale), and Judy Yang (JudYang). (Also live auction pieces from Lyly Thanh, CC Couture, Dolly Pearl, and Lizzi London.)

Some random snapshots from the event:

Lucca Couture dress (Modcloth), F21 gold chain necklace, Charlotte Russe bangle, BCBGeneration wedges.

I should've worn heels but I stayed in my wedges because I knew I had to run around all night... Hope it doesn't look too bad!

AFTER PARTY!
The after party was at Lumi Dumpling House in uptown. It was great to be able to see friends, socialize, relax and enjoy it!




Here's a fun one of us!



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment