Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Very Mavvy Christmas!

Check out our Mavs themed Christmas tree! I figured since we won the Championship this year, I'd dedicate my whole tree to them! Congrats again, Dallas Mavericks! We didn't have much time to set up for Christmas or to worry about decorating the tree and such since we were more interested in unpacking, trying to settle in, and furnish the house. I threw on whatever I had that was blue, green or silver and then threw on an old Mavericks Santa hat that I found in my closet and called it a Mavs themed tree. I did have to go out of my way to get those squishy toy basketballs from Party City and make them into ornaments with Christmas ribbon. It didn't really look like a Mavs tree before I had those. Anyway, I'm pretty impressed with it!


As for my Christmas outfit, I really wanted to wear something a little bit cheery. I'm going through my closet and trying to find clothes with tags on them so I can finally take the tags off them. I really need to stop buying things and storing them in my closet... But it's so hard! Anyone else have this problem?

Zara flare skirt dress (last seen here), DKNY argyle tights, Franco Sarto MaryJane pumps (Nordstrom Rack for $7!), clover necklace from eBayLink
I've decided that this year, one of my resolutions is to not shop as much and buy only what I need or really really really want. (You'd be surprised at how many things I really really really want.) I've got lots of big things to save up for, including a wedding (and the whole 9 yards), furniture, honeymoon, and more vacationing! What are your resolutions for 2012?

Happy 2012, everyone! 2011 flew by way too fast! It's gonna be a good one! :-)

2 comments: