Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Destination Wedding

A friend of ours had a destination wedding recently in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Fiance (I'm so lazy to Google this, but what is the correct spelling for 'fiance' anyway? I've seen it written a couple different ways and can never remember) and I went for a weekend to attend and just chill. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale and then drove about 45 minutes down to Miami to visit and have lunch with some family there. We were on our way to South Beach (so close!) when it started raining cats and dogs out of the blue... Seriously, it was the worst rain I'd seen in a long time. The streets were flooded! After trying to wait it out for about an hour, we gave up and went shopping instead. Ever get to a place and then decide you don't want to wear what you packed? Um, by biggest travel issue ALWAYS. After buying two new potential dresses and a pair of pumps to wear for the wedding the next day, we headed back to the hotel. Party, party, partied all night! Slept in, went to the beach, chilled, etc. etc.

Time for the wedding! I tried on the two dresses I had just purchased and the one I brought. Guess which one I decided on? The one I brought to begin with. And the shoes, too. SMH. Now I have to go return the two dresses and shoes that I don't need for anything. I didn't bring my camera out for anything while I was there because it was too big for my purse. Took one quick snap before heading out for the rooftop pool wedding and here it is!

BCBG MaxAzria scarf dress, Forever 21, H&M, and Givenchy bangles, Guess pumps

If you can see a little in the back, that's the beach! Our beachfront hotel (Westin) was awesome and it was a super good deal, too! Beautiful view to wake up to. Anyway, NYC pics next! XOXO.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a French term - fiancé for men, fiancée for women.

    I like the dress you ended up wearing... love the scarf hem!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT SUMMER LOOK ;)

    www.honeyfullife.com
    www.veryhoney.com

    ReplyDelete